Vested Medical is hiring a Sterile Processing Tech (I) team member to be located in Elmhurst, IL.
Vested Medical is reshaping how orthopedic procedures are performed in North America through a fully integrated, zero-defect, local operation that delivers optimization, efficiency and quality to deliver instruments and implants in support of surgery while supporting our partners in their effort to deliver the triple aim.
The Sterile Processing Tech (I) will be responsible for the cleaning, assembly, sterilization and storage of surgical instruments and management of sterile implants. This individual will be responsible for supporting Vested Medical’s vison, mission and values and will work with team members to deliver a zero defect, local logistics program to provide our customers exceptional quality and value.
The Sterile Processing Tech (I) should have a basic knowledge of requirements for quality, sterility and inventory management in a health care setting. They should also be certified or willing to be certified by an industry accreditation program within (1) year of employment.
This team member will be responsible for inspecting surgical instruments for bioburden, form, fit, function and completeness per bill of materials. They will also be responsible for preparing instruments for sterilization and delivery.
The Sterile Processing Tech (I) will report to the production manager and will support teams in demand planning and delivery to ensure on-time readiness of product.
Role and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate competency in clinical judgment, select technical skills, and a knowledge base appropriate for central sterile processing
- Follow policies, procedures, structure standards, documentation systems, and programs to manage decontamination, assembly, sterilization and distribution.
- Maintain an understanding of policies and procedures required by federal, state and local regulations and laws.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma/GED
- 1 year of sterile processing tech/scrub tech experience or enrolled in training program for either
- Upon 9 months of employment, complete credential(s), one or more of the following:
- Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM)
- Central Service Tech specializing in Sterile Processing credentialed from the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
PREFERRED SKILLS/POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Experience utilizing tray tracking software
- Experience working in warehouse, distribution and/or offsite sterile processing environments
- Experience working in orthopedic procedure environment
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and MS Office.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
|Job Category||Sterile Processing|