Vested Medical is hiring a Sterile Processing Tech (III) team member to be located in Elmhurst, IL.
Vested Medical is reshaping how orthopedic procedures are performed in North America through a fully integrated, zero-defect, local operation that delivers optimization, efficiency and quality to deliver instruments and implants in support of surgery while supporting our partners in their effort to deliver the triple aim.
The Sterile Processing Tech (III) will be responsible for the cleaning, assembly, sterilization and storage of surgical instruments and management of sterile implants. This individual will be responsible for supporting Vested Medical’s vison, mission and values and will work with team members to deliver a zero defect, local logistics program to provide our customers exceptional quality and value.
The Sterile Processing Tech (III) should have an expert knowledge of requirements for quality, sterility and inventory management in a health care setting and must be certified by an industry accreditation program.
This team member will be responsible for inspecting surgical instruments for bioburden, form, fit, function and completeness per bill of materials. They will also be responsible for preparing instruments for sterilization and delivery.
This individual should also demonstrate an understanding of steam sterilization, monitoring, and reporting.
The Sterile Processing Tech (III) will report to the production manager and will support teams in demand planning and delivery to ensure on-time readiness of product.
Role and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate advanced competency in clinical judgment, select technical skills, and a knowledge base appropriate for central sterile processing
- Follow policies, procedures, structure standards, documentation systems, and programs to manage decontamination, assembly, sterilization and distribution.
- Maintain an understanding of policies and procedures required by federal, state and local regulations and laws.
- Work collaboratively with production manager and supervisors to identify opportunity for improvement.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma/GED
- 3-5 year(s) of sterile processing tech experience
- Required credential(s); one or more of the following:
- Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM)
- Central Service Tech specializing in Sterile Processing credentialed from the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
PREFERRED SKILLS/POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree focused in health or business
- Advanced experience utilizing tray tracking software
- 3+ years working in warehouse, distribution and/or offsite sterile processing environments
- 2+ year’s experience working in orthopedic procedure environment
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and MS Office.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
|Job Category||Sterile Processing|